Things To Do in Santa Clarita, CA.
1) SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN – Experience the many Xtreme rollercoasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain! This is THE theme park with the most coasters on planet earth. Known world-wide as a thrill ride haven, the 260-acre theme park features over 100 rides, games and attractions for the entire family.
Enjoy exciting thrill rides like X – the world’s first and only 4th dimensional roller coaster, Deja Vu – the world’s fastest and tallest suspended, looping boomerang coaster, Goliath – the coaster GIANT among GIANTS, The Riddler’s Revenge – the world’s tallest and fastest stand-up roller coaster, Superman The Escape – towering 415 feet in the air, Colossus, Batman The Ride, Viper and many more. For younger guests there is Bugs Bunny World, featuring rides and attractions that provide real thrills for kids and adults alike. And … meet your favorite Looney Tunes characters – Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Sylvester – ALL this in one day! SCV-Map
For information please call (661) 255-4111 or (818) 367-5965. Six Flags Magic Mountain is open daily beginning March 29 through September 15; weekends and holidays for the balance of year.
2) SIX FLAGS WATER PARK AKA HURRICANE HARBOR – A water park adjacent to Six Flags Magic Mtn that features dozens of water attractions for the entire family. Water slides include Black Snake Summit with two of the tallest fully enclosed speed slides in Southern California; Lizard Lagoon, a 7,000 square-foot pool spanning a wide variety of teen and adult activities, the Reptile Ridge high-speed slide complex; and Bamboo Racer, an exciting 45-foot-tall six-lane racing attraction. For additional information please call (661) 255-4111 or (818) 367-5965. Hurricane Harbor is open weekdays during the summer and then weekends after Sept 15th . SCV-Map
3. Visit Castaic Lake. Castaic Lake puts a whole new meaning to swimming, fishing and diving. The invigorating lake water can provide hours of fun for swimmers, boaters and novice fisherman. Bring your own food and have a picnic. Why drive an hour to the Pacific Ocean when you can enjoy a great lake experience ten minutes up the 5 Freeway in Santa Clarita? SCV-Map
4. Mountasia Family Fun Center | Santa Clarita Skatepark | Scooter’s Jungle
Mountasia Family Fun Center
21516 Golden Triangle Road, Saugus
An action packed complex with great food and fun for the entire family, including arcades, batting cages, bumper boats, roller skating, roller blading and Grand Prix style go-kart racing. Challenge yourself on Mountasia’s 36 hole miniature golf course, surrounded by picturesque waterfalls. For more family fun, Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlour Restaurant will challenge you to eat an ice-cream sundae without smiling! SCV-Map
The Santa Clarita Skate Park includes over 40,000 square feet of skating area.
Santa Clarita Skatepark features include a Snake Run, Skateable Planters, Street
Plaza, Bowl area, Hand Rails and Stairs, Bridge and Half-Pipe
Monday – Friday:
12:00 Noon – 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am – 9:00pm
All people of the Santa Clarita area including
Valencia, Santa Clarita, Saugus, Newhall and other residents of the Santa
Clarita Valley, are welcome.
Santa Clarita SkatePark
20880 Centre Pointe Parkway – Map
Santa Clarita, CA 91387
Scooter’s Jungle in Santa Clarita perfect for small children. Indoor location includes slides, jumpy trampolines, great birthday place for the entire family.
(661) 877-4400 28230 Constellation Rd. Valencia, Ca. 91355
5. Close Encounters Paintball in Santa Clarita
Get ready for fast-paced paintball teen and older warfare that takes place here. Paintball war will test your skill as well as your agility! Private parties can be arranged for birthdays and camps and target practice are available for those who want to practice or learn tactics. Don’t forget to wear your old dark camoflauge shirt/pants!
6. Visit Agua Dulce Vineyards
Agua Dulce Vineyards
9640 Sierra Highway SCV-Map
Agua Dulce, CA 91390
After an absence of nearly 100 years, the lost art of fine wine making has finally returned to Los Angeles County. Agua Dulce Vineyards in the Santa Clarita Valley is now the largest grower of premium wine grapes in LA County. With 90 acres of ideal soil and an excellent grape growing climate it’s the place to go for wine-tasting.
The Agua Dulce Vineyards is a boutique wine producer with limited production capabilities, which means that you will not find their excellent wines in general stores. Stop by and sample the wines in their new taste room..
7. STOP BY WILLIAM S. HART PARK AND MUSEUM
Start your journey at Heritage Junction and William S. Hart Park and Museum where you can explore the estate of a legendary silent film star and nearby historical structures such as the Saugus Train Station. Farm animals for small children. Move on to the site of the Oak of the Golden Dream, where gold was first discovered in Santa Clarita, California. SCV-Map
8. Visit Santa Clarita’s own Historic Mentryville
Just a few minutes away from Santa Clarita, drive and explore Mentryville. Historical 19th Century western structures give visitors an authentic look into the past of California’s “black gold” boom town era. The “Big House” in Mentryville a 13-room Victorian mansion was the third Santa Clarita Valley Home of Charles Alexander Mentry. It was erected in 1898, two years prior to Mentry’s death. SCV-Map
9. Take an SCV Hike!
In and around Santa Clarita you’ll find some of California’s most awesome natural parks, great for day picnics, hiking, mountain biking or exploring. Here are three places in Santa Clarita to check out:
Vasquez Rocks – Just North of Santa Clarita
Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park north of Santa Clarita off the Antelope Valley Freeway (SR-14) is a 750-acre reserve that once served as a hideout for outlaw Tiburcio Vasquez, and was a shelter for the Tatavian Indians. The unique rock formations are a familiar sight having been the background for many films and commercials. Rock climbing is the primary sport, but for a less perilous workout, saddle up for a riveting ride or go it on foot along the many hiking trails in this rocky terrain. In addition, you’ll enjoy family campgrounds, hiking and horseback trails.
Call (661) 268-0840 for more information. SCV-Map
Ed Davis Park in Santa Clarita
At Ed Davis Park located in Santa Clarita Towsley Canyon is located just off the I-5 at Calgrove. Here you’ll find an outdoor setting with hiking and mountain bike trails, streams and natural woodlands. SCV-Map
Call (661) 255-2974 for information.
For additional Santa Clarita Tourism information, call 1-800-868-7398
Placerita Canyon Nature Center in Santa Clarita
Placerita Canyon Nature Center and Park, located off the Antelope Valley Freeway (SR-14) at Placerita Canyon Road is a picturesque setting in Santa Clarita that is complete with picnic areas, trails for hiking and a nature center. View the large rattlesnake in the glass-enclosed cage. Take the family for a two mile hike to a secret, scenic waterfall! Call (661) 259-7721 for more information. SCV-Map
10. And last but not least… WATCH a MOVIE or GO SHOPPING at the MALL!
Visit the beautiful Valencia Town Center, which has over 150 retail shops, food court and many restaurants. While at Valencia Town Center, stroll down Town Center Drive for more great shopping. This main street is distinguished by its Entertainment Plaza that is anchored by Borders Books and The Grand Palace Movie Theaters. You’ll also find highly desirable restaurants including: BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, and Salt Creek Grille. SCV-Map
Throughout the valley you’ll find a wide selection of dining choices, sprinkled with cozy coffeehouses and award-winning menus. Pleasant surroundings and personal attention are the spirit behind Santa Clarita’s many restaurant locations.
Also, open on Sunday morning, the historical stadium grounds of Saugus Speedway is the site of Santa Clarita’s largest Open Air Market. Bring the family-you will find something for everyone!